We have drawn up a list of what we think are the seven best white noise machine for office options of 2018. These were selected based on functionality, size, performance, and their features.
When looking for the best white noise machine for office, you will find that some of the best such devices are actually the simplest.
7. HoMedics SoundSpa Sleep Sound Machine
- Six sound options: white noise, thunder, ocean, rain, summer night, and brook
- Programmable shut-off timer for 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
- Run by adaptor or four AA batteries (batteries not included)
- Comes with a Volume Dial
- 6.5 inches (16.51 centimeters) by 5.5 inches (13.97 centimeters) by 2 inches (5.08 centimeters)
One of the best white noise machine for office options if you are on a tight budget, the HoMedics SoundSpa Sleep Sound Machine is here to offer six soothing sounds. These only serve to add to its double functionality of being able to run on batteries or with an adapter. While some have found it to have a short life, many others praise it for being so small but powerful.
6. Wave Premium Sleep Therapy Sound Machine
- Six sound options: white noise, fan, ocean, rain, stream, summer night
- Programmable timer for automatic shut-off at 15, 30, or 60 minutes
- Comes with a Volume Dial
- USB port
Designed to take the place of artificial sleep aids, the Wave Premium Sleep Therapy Sound Machine uses natural noises and an adjustable volume to provide a quiet, soothing environment. With a small footprint, it is convenient for desk use, especially with its built-in USB port. However, several users have complained of obvious looping of the soundtracks, which may be disruptive for some.
5. Big Red Rooster BRRC 107 Sound Machine
- Six sound options: rain, brook, ocean, thunder, white noise, summer night
- Automatic shut-off timer for 15, 30, or 60 minutes
- Volume buttons
- Uses AC adapter or 3 AA batteries
- 4 inches (10.2 centimeters) by 4.4 inches (11.2 centimeters) by 2.6 inches (6.6 centimeters)
At number 5 on our best white noise machine for office list, the Big Red Rooster BRCC107 Sound Machine has many of the features of the Wave model plus the ability to also run on batteries.
It cycles through six natural sounds, can shut itself off at 15, 30, or 60 minutes, and is desk friendly. A few users, however, have complained that it is very loud even when the volume is set at its lowest volume, and some have found the sounds to be inauthentic or otherwise unpleasant.
4. AVANTEK White Noise Machine Basic
- 20 sound options: ocean waves, rain, wind, stream, birds, crickets, campfire, clock, 6 fans, and 6 varieties of white noise
- Programmable shut-off timer for 1 to 7 hours
- 30 volume levels
- Can retain the settings from previous use
- Uses the included power adapter and USB cable
- 3.9 inches (9.91 centimeters) by 3.9 inches (9.91 centimeters) by 2.4 inches (6.1 centimeters)
The AVANTEK White Noise Machine Basic offers a wide variety of sounds and comes with an extensive volume range to match them. Some users have objected to the lack of identification of the sounds as they switch from one track the next.
However, the advantages of the memory and the long-range options of the timer balance this possible issue. This machine is also compact and portable, which makes it suitable for desk or office use, even for travel if you so wish.
3. Marpac Dohm Classic White Noise Sound Machine
- Customized sounds
- Two speeds and fan
- 5.8 inches (14.73 centimeters) x 3.2 inches (8.13 centimeters)
Albeit very simple in appearance and system, this Marpac model found its way on the list of best white noise machine for office for a very good reason. This device uses an actual fan to achieve an authentic sound, and while it does not have volume choices, sliding the outer shell enables the users to modify and achieve a very personalized sound. Although it has, in some users’ experience, developed odd noises as it ages, it is nonetheless a good, compact, powerful, and unobtrusive noise machine.
2. SNOOZ White Noise Sound Machine
- Ability to control tone (rotate shell) and volume (push buttons)
- Includes an actual fan
- Comes with a companion app
- 5.6 inches (14.22 centimeters) by 5.6 inches (14.22 centimeters) by 3.2 inches (8.13 centimeters)
Like the Marpac Dohm machine, the SNOOZ White Noise Sound Machine uses an actual fan, but unlike the previously presented product, it has the ability to give offer an even more customizable sound. It also has the advantages of coming with a companion app. This allows users to control the machine remotely and includes the ability to program the device to turn on and off. This SNOOZ model is also ultra-portable, so it’s easy to easy in the office or anywhere else.
1. Adaptive Sound Technologies LectroFan High Fidelity White Noise Machine
- 20 sound options: 10 fan and 10 ambient noises
- 60-minute shut off
- Uses AC adapter or USB cable (included)
- Volume buttons
- 4 inches (10.16 centimeters) by 2.25 inches (5.72 centimeters)
Coming in to close this list of best white noise machine for office variants, the LectroFan is much more than a white noise machine. It provides 20 sounds, from subtle to robust, while also allow the user to customize each individual sound. The single-option automatic shut-off timer allows for controlled use, and the two power sources give it great versatility as well. A small number of users mentioned that they detected a slight oscillation in the fan noises, but most found that the LectroFan more than met their needs.
Wrapping It Up
The best white noise machine for office will be small, portable, easy to use and do its job, namely, boost concentration or drown out sounds. We welcome our readers’ additions to this list, and if you have anything to add, feel free to mention your suggestions in the comments below.
We also present a variety of devices that can help soothe your mind before going to sleep, for example, star projectors, as well as more audio systems, so why not take a look at our list of best wireless speakers for TV as well.