In this article, we hunted down and chose 7 of the best survival knife with firestarter options out there and ranked them in order to save you time, money, and frustration. We have rated each firestarter knife based on its material construction, functionality, real-life applicability, and overall value.
Whether you’re hunting, camping, backpacking, or simply wish to be ready for anything, being able to cut through materials and keep warm are key elements. One of the best ways to cover both bases at once is to get a quality knife with a firestarter attachment of some kind.
The best knife with firestarter attachment options will be durable, sharp, dependable, and easy to carry. So let’s take a look!
7. SE KHK6320 Outdoor Tanto Knife with Fire Starter
- Type: Firestarter utility knife
- Brand: SE
- Material: Stainless steel, Magnesium firestarter
- Weight: 6.1 ounces / 0.17 kg
- Size: 7.5 inches / 19.05 cm
- Features: Small, Easy to carry, Durable
We begin our best survival knife with firestarter top with an inexpensive yet effective Tanto knife. This is a small and helpful option that comes at a very fair price. The knife is made of stainless steel and has a magnesium firestarter.
It can be easily stowed within a compact case, and it comes with a nylon sheath included. It would work well as a boot or fishing knife and is quite versatile. The full tang blade slides are completed by a handle wrapped in thick, army green cord.
6. Survivor HK-106320-A Fixed Blade Outdoor Knife
- Type: Outdoors knife with firestarter included
- Brand: TAC Force
- Material: Stainless steel blade, Magnesium firestarter, Nylon case
- Weight: 6.4 ounces / 0.18 kg
- Size: 7 inches / 17.7 cm
- Features: Black Tanto Blade, Cord-Wrapped Handle, 7-Inch Overall
This knife has an attractive and sharp black blade and comes, of course, with a firestarter. All components easily slide into the included nylon case. It’s a good knife to have on hand as a backup option or if you’re traveling light. It’s inexpensive, durable, and attractive.
If you want a knife that can be stored in your pack or carried as a backup emergency knife, this could be a great option. Its handle is wrapped in a nylon cord for comfort and easy access. The magnesium alloy firestarter is dependable and great for tactical situations. On the downside, the knife is of medium-range quality and a bit on the small side.
5. SOG SLPro Folding Knife ToolLogic SLPB2
- Type: Tactical survival knife and tool combo
- Brand: SOG
- Material: Stainless steel with bead blast finish
- Weight: 2.4 ounces / 0.06 kg
- Size: 6.4 x 5.1 x 1 inches / 16.2 x 12.9 x 2.5 cm
- Features: Tactical Black 3″ Blade, Magnesium Firestarter, Whistle, LED Flashlight
Here is a tactical survival tool that has it all as this knife is fitted with a firestarter, whistle, LED light, and a tactical blade. It is compact, strong, and very effective.
The included flashlight is made of tough anodized aluminum and is totally waterproof; a unique bonus that really helps place this item among the best survival knife with firestarter options nowadays. It’s also an all-in-one tool that’s lightweight and compact. The serrated stainless steel blade of the knife is of impressive quality and the firestarter is attached beautifully.
4. MOSSY OAK Survival Knife
- Type: Razor sharp, click point-type of survival knife
- Brand: MOSSY OAK
- Material: 440C Stainless Steel
- Weight: 1.7 pounds / 0.04 kgs
- Size: 17.4 x 4.8 x 2.4 inches / 44.1 x 12.1 x 6 cm
- Features: 10-inch Fixed Blade Hunting Bowie Knife with Sharpener and Fire Starter
This is a large and rugged knife that you can trust and which can be ideal for camping, hunting, fishing, and in survival training. It has a Sawback Bowie design with a Black Anodize blade that is over 10 inches long and 3.5mm thick. It also comes with a full-tang rubber handle and a heavy-duty nylon sheath which should make it safe to carry.
Want to go camping or RVing, but not miss your favorite show? Then check out these HDTV antennas!
3. Light My Fire Swedish FireKnife
- Type: Swedish Fire Knife
- Brand: Light My Fire
- Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 3.35 ounces / 0.09 kgs
- Size: 8.86 x 1.77 x 1.5 in / 22.05 x 4.49 x 3.81 cm
- Features: Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade and Swedish FireSteel Fire Starter
Number three on our list of best survival knife with firestarter variants is the Light My Fire Swedish FireKnife. It comes with a with 9.5 cm (3.75 Inch) Sandvik Stainless Steel Blade and Swedish FireSteel Fire Starter.
This is an attractive and well-designed survival knife that is also available in 7 color options. It is versatile, and the firestarter is well integrated into the packaging for easy storage and quick access with minimum effort.
2. Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Knife
- Type: Serrated Edge Firestarter Tactical Knife
- Brand: Gerber
- Material: High-carbon stainless steel
- Weight: 15.2 ounces / 0.43 kgs
- Size: 13 x 5.5 x 2.2 inches / 33 x 13.9 x 5.5 cm
- Features: Rubber handle, serrated blade, firestarter
This knife balances weight, size, and utility in a beautiful way. It is also easy to use and of very high quality as Gerber creates knives based on their outdoor and survival expertise. The firestarter sparks hot and works fantastically and also fits into the knife package securely so you won’t lose it.
1. Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife
- Type: Ultimate survival knife
- Brand: Morakniv
- Material: Carbon steel blade, magnesium alloy firestarter
- Weight: Net Weight: 5.4 ounces / 0.15 kg
- Size: 9.1″ / 23.11 cm
- Features: Fire Starter and Sheath, Black
Number one on our list is this Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife. This has rugged durability, a reliable firestarter, gorgeous design, and an impressive sheath.
It is also compact, sleek, tough, and should be completely effective. If you want an impressive survival knife that’s of premium quality and has an integrated firestarter, this may just be the perfect solution. On the downside, it’s somewhat expensive when compared to its competitors. Still, this is one of the best survival knife with firestarter options on the market nowadays.
So there you have it! Some of the best survival knife with firestarter options currently available on the market! The best survival knife with firestarter abilities will be durable, compact, well weighted and efficient, so which would you choose?
We want to know what the best survival knife with firestarter attachment is in your book! Feel free to leave your feedback and tell us what you think.