Below is a review of the best headphones for airplane travel in 2018 based on their price, quality of sound, and their durability.
Headphones are a necessary gadget for many people when flying as they enable you to enjoy your time by helping you listen to your favorite music, do your gaming, or watch movies without any interference from outside noises. So let’s get started and check out 7 top-rated products!
1. Sony Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- 30 wireless usage
- Fast charging technology
- Compatible with Siri and the Google Assistant
- Features noise cancellation technology
- Touch control features
This Sony noise canceling wireless Bluetooth headphones model is the first entry on our list of the best headphones for airplane travel in 2018. These headphones feature a relatively high charging capacity with a 30 minutes wireless battery life and the ability to run for 70 minutes on an only 10 minutes charge.
The headphones are compatible with Apple’s virtual assistant Siri and also with the Google Assistant. They also come with an adapter for air travel, earphones, a user manual, and a carrying case.
2. Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II)
- Comes with an extended headband
- 40 hours of use when wired and 20 hours using wireless connectivity usage.
- New software update feature available
- Built with soft and thick pads on its earpieces for enhanced comfort.
The Bose QuietComfort 35 will ensure that you get 40 hours of usage time when connected through a wire and 20 hours if you opt for a wireless connection. This places them among the best headphones for airplane travel, especially for use during long flights
Also, their new software update feature enables users to connect to virtual assistants such as Siri and get access to news, directions, weather updates, and even make calls. The pads also provide good seals against any external noise that could prove disruptive.
These headphones are wireless and come with NFC pairing besides their Bluetooth technology for an even easier connection.
3. Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Headphones
- Supports dual-Bluetooth connectivity
- Integrated sound cancellation technology
- 15 hours wireless connectivity
These Bose SoundLink wireless headphones allow users to enjoy high-quality sounds thanks to their sound cancellation technology which ensures that there is minimal noise distortion.
The headphones feature a microphone that provides a noise filter that comes in handy when making calls. This Bose SoundLink model are dual-action headphones that can offer you 15 hours of wireless entertainment.
Also, the manufacturer fitted durable lithium-ion batteries that you can recharge fully in only 3 hours, which makes them some of the best headphones for airplane travel.
4. Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancellation Headphones
- Features integrated sound cancellation technology
- Lightweight and comfortable around-ear fit
- Precise and high-quality sound
The Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones were designed to be comfortable and light so that you can wear them throughout the day without feeling any discomforts. Also, they feature a collapsible frame that makes them ideal for many people as they can be resized to fit the ears.
These headphones come with an integrated noise cancellation technology to ensure you get precise and high-quality voice and sound quality. This makes them convenient to use even in very noisy areas.
5. Sennheiser PXC 550 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Very light and with a flexible frame
- Highly durable as they are made from sturdy and damage resistant materials
- Compatible with Cap Tune
- NoiseGard adaptive noise cancellation technology
They are made of lightweight material, which enables users to wear them for long hours without complaining of any pressure or discomfort. Also, the headphones come with a highly flexible frame that will allow you to keep them anywhere without worrying about damaging them.
Sennheiser PX 550 is compatible with any device through the CapTune, and its NoiseGard adaptive noise cancellation technology makes it usable in any environment.
6. Skullcandy Crusher Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
- 40 hours of rechargeable battery life
- Strong Bluetooth connectivity and wireless mic and controls
- Supports bass customization
These headphones are popular because of their reliable design, durability, and unrivaled features such as their 40 mm range drivers, adjustable bass, strong Bluetooth connection, and a long battery life.
Once they are fully charged, the headphones can ensure 40 hours of performance which makes them some of the best headphones for airplane travel, especially over long distances.
The headphones feature a soft foam lining within their ear cups, making them comfortable and helping them minimize the noise from their surrounding. A remote control is also included, and these headphones have numerous controls for convenience and customization.
7. V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
- Strong Bluetooth connectivity of up to 33 feet
- Allows for dual-Bluetooth connectivity
- Strong steel frame
- Up to 12 hours of wireless usage
- Built-in hidden microphone
The V-MODA Crossfade Wireless headphones are ideal for people looking for durability and ease of use thanks to their light frame which makes them easy to carry. Also, the material used to make these headphones’ frame is military-level and can support over a million folding without breaking down.
The headphone’s Bluetooth connectivity can keep you connected to devices 33 feet away. This also ensures that this set can provide 12 hours of wireless connection and unlimited wired usage.
Their specs, noise cancellation technology, and durability place the products selected above among the best headphones for airplane travel available in 2018 We hope that this list has made it easier for you to choose the best set for you, and let us know what you think about the product in a comment below.
If you’re looking for the best headphones and audio system to use in any situations, we also invite you to take a look at: